The exposition depicts the period from the first written reference to Strakonice (castle) dating back to 1243 to the beginning of the 16th century. An important monument is the Strakonice castle itself. The walls are lined with pictures showing interesting architectural features of this monument (round window in the Romanesque style or frescoes).
The exposition also reminds the Hussite Movement. In the Strakonice district, near the Škaredý and Markovec ponds, near Sudoměř, lies the famous territory where the Hussites fought off the attack of the Iron Lords, lead by the Strakonice Grand Prior of the Johannite Order, Jindřich of Hradec, on 23 March 1420. He was injured there and according to the legend he succumbed to his injuries by the Spanish tile stove in the castle. The stove can be seen in the Small Knight Hall.
The establishment of the so-called Strakonice Union in February 1449 is also mentioned. The representatives of the South Bohemian Catholic nobility lead by Oldřich II of Rožmberk met and openly opposed Jiří of Poděbrady.